Regrettably, the 2021 show has been cancelled. There is much uncertainty about what events will and won't be allowed in the coming months, but we appreciate that for many people attending the show involves a lot of advanced preparation, and people need to be able to make some plans.
Instead, we are Stock Judging Event on show day, 28th August:
- Time: 2:00pm
- Location: Torlundy Castle Farm (turning opposite the golf course - please take care turning in and out on the bend.)
- Parking is limited, so please share a lift if possible
- All welcome, tea, cakes & BBQ.
Please note Covid precautions:
- To reduce the number of people in one place at anytime: -Stock will be penned and judging will take place in their pen not in a ring.
- -Pens can be judge in any order and at anytime between 2 and 5pm on Saturday.
- -Please bring your own pencil / pen to mark your score cards.
- -Refreshments Tea / Coffee / BBQ will be available but food will be served to you rather than self service.
- -Facemasks and hand sterilzer will be available
- -Raffle tickets will be on sale (proceeds to Macmillan Cancer Support) which will be drawn after the event. Results for stock judging and raffle will be posted on our facebook page and website by Sunday evening. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
Please do not let the above sensible precautions put you off from attending this outdoor event. However..
- 1. If you have been asked to self isolate please do not attend
- 2. If you are concerned about your covid status please take a lateral flow test before attending the event
- 3. Respect other peoples wishes regarding social distancing and wearing facemasks
Many thanks to Ewen Campbell who has offered to organise stock and use his shed for the event.
Lochaber's annual agricultural/horse/food/craft show is held beneath the spectacular backdrop of Ben Nevis at Inverlochy Castle Farm, Happy Valley, by kind permission of Ewen Campbell. Please look at our location page for details of how to get to the show.
The show attracts around 1500 locals and visitors and is a celebration of what rural Lochaber has to offer. Entry is £8 for adults and £6 for concessions. Thanks to the generosity of our local sponsors all school children will have free entry this year.
2019 Show highlights
- - Gymkhana
- - Highland Stalking Pony Display
- - Birds of Prey Display
- - Dog Show (entry on the day)
Stock Judging starts at 9:30am, so come early if you want to watch it!
The Handicraft Section has lots of different categories from baking and jams to knitting, photography and vegetables - there's something for everyone and you can enter as many categories as you like once you have paid your show entry fee.
Craft & Food Tent
In the Craft & Food Tent there will be a number of caterers selling food to eat on the day, as well as stalls selling local produce and crafts.
All sorts of activities, fun and games go in the Childrens Tent
Various trade, craft, food and charity stands will be around the show field and in the food / craft tent.
The show is organised by the Lochaber Agricultural Society, a committed and dedicated team who give up a lot of free time to make the show a success. We also have many other volunteers who help on show day.
Safety with farm animals:
We hope that everybody will have a fun and safe day. To ensure that you do, please have a look here for current government advice on the risks of infection from contact with animals.